Seattle: Most Residents Are Not Fat, A Fact (at least what I saw)


December 10th to 12th, 2007

First stop on my trip was Seattle.  The main reasons for stopping in Seattle was to take the Clipper which I hadn't done in a long time, and to visit the Experience Music Project, a Paul Allen (cofounder of Microsoft) owned music museum.  The clipper was about as thrilling as a bus ride to school, but took a lot longer.  The best thing the ship had going was that they had a real time GPS map of the ships route.  That's not saying much as you could imagine, so I mostly read a splendid book called "The Alchemist," which was recommended to me by a dear friend. It suited the start of the trip perfectly.  A story of a young man discovering what he really wants in life.  I know, I know, cheesy.  But it was perfect for me.  Still very cheesy.  I agree.

I found a 'hostel' very close to everything called Ace Hotel after walking around for a couple of hours finding only $200 minimum per night hotel rooms.  Ace hotel was $90 per night and was just a hostel!  It was perfect, however, and I was planning on splurging.  Unfortunately the place was dead quiet and I didn't meet a soul.  
Seattle impressed me more than I thought it would.  The people were nice and the streets were clean.   Physically clean I mean.  I didn't get involved in the crime, so I can't vouch for it.  
May I just stop you at this point?  I'm being way too detailed.  This is going to take forever.  Forgive me for maybe being more brief from this point on.  

   Worthy of note is the Experience Music Project.  Let me start by saying that I'd like to be part of the group that goes down to visit it if one formulates.  There was some cool group stuff to do there where one could make a darn fool of themselves.  I liked the building itself.  A portion of it is pictured to the right.  I love the architecture.  Don't know if I'd have my house like that, but good for a public building.









 




Check out this picture I took of a reproduction of a late 60's Pink Floyd promotional poster.  I don't yet know how to flip pictures.  haha  Does that resemble someone you know?  


After the EMP I fell ill and pretty much didn't leave the hostel.  The flight to LA was interesting in that the Sea/Tac Airport is so large now that it has it's own subway.  I was confused to say the least, but all went flawlessly and I arrived to have my bro pick me up and drive me his home where I did more sleeping.  Here's to hoping that I do more than sleep on this trip!

No comments: